Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sweet Salsa Chicken

Let me first tell you all how much I love using my crock-pot. I might be borderline obsessed with it really. It is just so simple and there is something about the slow cooking process that makes a meal so scrumptious. I also really love how I can prepare our supper at 1:30pm, clean up, get the dishes done, and just sit and relax until we eat. The beauty of only have a few dishes to do after we eat wins me over every time.


My very first recipe I am going to share with you all is one of our absolute favorites. We eat it almost every week and it might be the easiest thing you can make and yet it still tastes so delicious. 

I got this recipe from one of my old college roommates. When she would make it I would beg her to let me have some... and she usually gave in. But in reality, I don't know why I didn't just make it for myself and eat the whole crock-pot.



So, without further adieu,

Sweet Salsa Chicken


This is the amount of ingredients I use when I make a meal for my husband and I, but if you need to make a meal for more people, just adjust the ingredients accordingly. It will turn out just fine!

1 chicken breast
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup brown sugar 

First spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. With something this small, I use my 1.5 quart crock-pot and it works great. Mix the salsa and brown sugar in the crock-pot. 


Place the chicken breast in the crock-pot and try to have as much of it as possible be covered by the salsa mixture, even if it's just spooning some of it over the chicken. Let the chicken cook in the crock-pot until done, approximately 4-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high. 




Once the chicken is fully cooked, take it out of the crock-pot and shred it. You may shred it however you like. I love to use my KitchenAid to shred our meat, it works perfectly! Just put on the whisk attachment and watch it shred right before your eyes. It usually takes about 1 minute or less.


Two of my favorite kitchen gadgets! My crock-pot and my rice cooker! 


After you have shredded the chicken return it to the crock-pot and continue cooking for at least 15 minutes.



We love to eat this over rice with cheese, salsa, and green onions on top. You may also eat it with tortillas as they make delicious chicken tacos! 

Enjoy!!! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment