Saturday, November 10, 2012

Easy Crock-Pot Sausage & Potato Stew

I'll usually never pass up a good deal on something if I know I will get some use out of it. Let me tell you about the most crazy deal I got the other day at Albertson's. I got 6 packages of Hillshire Farm Turkey Kielbasa Sausage for only $1 a piece! They are normally $5.99! Crazy right? They were on sale for $3 each, and then they had a $2 coupon to go with each one. I froze all of the packages and plan on taking them out as needed.


So, of course I had to find some recipes to make with kielbasa sausage. I called my mom to see if she knew of anything and she gave me this really yummy stew recipe that evidently my grandma used to prepare. Mr. M loved it so much that he ate 5 bowls of it. Yes, I did mean to write 5. It was super easy too. We made it the night before, kept it in the fridge, and put it in the crock-pot before I went to work and Mr. M when to school.


Sausage and Potato Creamy Stew

This recipe will fill a 1.5 quart crock-pot and heartily fed my husband and I.  You can adjust the ingredients to make enough for what you need. It will taste just as yummy! 

2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can green beans, drained
3 potatoes, cut in cubes
Kielbasa sausage, as much as you like :)


First spray your crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray. Dump 1 can of cream of mushroom soup into the crock-pot. Next put in all of the potatoes. We stirred it up a little bit to make sure all of the potatoes were covered with soup. Next add in the sausage and drained green beans. Stir a little more. Finally add the second can of cream of mushroom soup on top of everything. You can stir it a little, but not too much.

Cook on low for about 5-6 hours, or until the potatoes are done to your liking. We cooked ours for a little over 5 hours and almost all of the potatoes were done, there were just a few on the firmer side still.  We just ate the stew by itself for our meal, but I'm sure it would be delicious with rolls.

Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment