Sunday, November 11, 2012

Shirley J Brownies with Delicious Frosting

Mr. M loves brownies... and he always wants me to make them for him. Well, we went to a craft fair and he tasted what he thought was one of the best brownie creations he had ever eaten. We didn't really do anything about it because the mix was rather spendy... ($14.99 to make three 9x13 pans of brownies). Then.. this past weekend we went to another craft fair and can you guess what we bought? Yup, the Shirley J Brownie Mix because Mr. M was smitten by their chocolatey goodness. I was smitten by how incredibly easy they are!

This is all I had to do:

Shirley J Fudge Brownies 

(I only made half of a recipe, which made an 8x8 pan)



1 3/4 cup Shirley J Brownie Mix
1/2 cup of water


I put in in my KitchenAid and mixed it for about 2 minutes. I then spread it into a greased 8x8 baking pan, baked them at about 375 degrees (our oven's temperature is very off) for 12 minutes and they were done!









I actually made homemade frosting to go with them. It's the recipe directly from the Hershey's Cocoa container.


Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate"TM Chocolate Frosting 

(I halved this recipe too.. but this is the full recipe)

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa (I used the store brand)
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa.

Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency. Add more milk if needed. Stir in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups.







Happy Baking!! 

PS. You can order Shirley J products here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment