Saturday, November 10, 2012

1 hour Dinner Rolls!!!

I stumbled open this wonderful recipe when I was creating my Pinterest Recipe Binder. I gave it a try and these rolls are amazing! They are so simple too. Also, if I get the pleasure of dining with you during Thanksgiving this year, I will be bringing these tastey rolls with me.

I know there are a lot of people out there that are scared of using yeast. (My mom is one of them.) But this recipe is so effortless that there is nothing to be scared of. Seriously!





1 Hour Dinner Rolls

Recipe found here from What's on your menu this week?


1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons active dry yeast (I use quick rise)
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg beaten
3 1/3 cup flour

I use a KitchenAid when I make this recipe, but I'm sure you could use whatever gadget or method you need to mix everything together.



First mix the water, yeast, sugar, and oil into the bowl. You'll want to let this mixture sit for about 15 minutes to activate the yeast. It will be bubble and smell like bread. And look like this:


While you are waiting, you can go ahead and mix the beaten egg and the salt.

Add the egg/salt mixture to the yeast mixture once the waiting is over. Then start adding the flour. You'll want to add this a little at a time. The dough may be sticky, but you can go ahead and add enough flour so you can handle it. After you have added enough flour let the mixture rest another 10 minutes.






I think I added a little bit too much flour. There was still some left on the bottom of the bowl. Oh well! 


After it's done resting it's finally time to make your rolls! I usually get around 12 rolls from this recipe, but we like our rolls big. Spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray before you work with the dough to make it easier to work with. I learned a fun trick from the lunch ladies at the school I work at. Squeeze the dough through your hand to make a perfect dough ball. It's hard to explain, but hopefully the pictures will help. Put the dough balls onto a greased cookie sheet so they are not touching.






Once you are done forming the rolls, let them rest again. This time for 20 minutes. I usually put a flour sack towel on top so they don't dry out.


When it finally comes time to bake. Bake them in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until done. We usually butter the tops when they are fresh out of the oven so they stay soft.



You will not be disappointed! Enjoy your rolls! :)




















0 comments:

Post a Comment