Saturday, November 10, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu


Mr. M loves chicken cordon bleu. I happen to enjoy it as well. But, it takes a lot of time and patience to make the classic chicken cordon bleu recipe. I.. I am a very impatient person, and I really like simple and tastey recipes so I have found a couple lazy,yet delicious, ways to make chicken cordon bleu for our family. One is in casserole form, which is super easy and way yummy(I'll post that recipe later), and the other is this beauty that I conveniently get to make in my crock-pot. This was the first time making this and I adapted my recipe from one I found at Six Sister's Stuff. It was great! Both Mr. M and I had seconds... and there's enough to eat for lunch tomorrow!



Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu

Recipe adapted this recipe found on Six Sister's Stuff

1 chicken breast cut into pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1/2 package of dry herb flavored stuffing mix
4 ounces of ham (I just used a package of sliced ham, it had 2 thick slices in it)
4 ounces of swiss cheese (I added a little aged cheddar because we needed to use it, which probably made the cheese count a little higher, but who complains about too much cheese?)
1/4 cup butter, melted

Spray your crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray. Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into the crock-pot to cover the bottom. Place the chicken pieces into the soup mixture. Layer the cheese and the ham in the crock-pot. Next, pour the rest of the soup over the ham and cheese. Make sure it is well distributed. Sprinkle half a box of stuffing on top. Drizzle the butter over the stuffing. Cover your crock-pot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or for 2-3 hours on high.

Enjoy and Happy Crocking! :)

Mix the soup with 1 cup milk. 


Cut ham and cheese!


Chicken pieces and soup mixture in my crockie.

On goes the cheese and ham!

Last layer! Stuffing!

It's cooking up somethin' tastey!


Oh, and it was so good! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment