Monday, November 12, 2012

Parmesan Honey Garlic Pork Chops

I'm sure you have learned by now that I truly do love cooking in my crock-pot. I found this recipe on Pinterest and I have made it once already, and decided to make it again for supper tonight. I changed it up a bit because the original recipe calls for a 1 lb. pork roast, but we didn't have any. I used 4 really thinly sliced pork chops instead. I halved the original sauce recipe as well. Mr. M loved this and ate 3 of the 4 pork chops I made. (They were really small!)

PS. The smell of this cooking in your crock-pot is amazing!!!!



Parmesan Honey Garlic Pork Chops


Recipe adapted from Six Sister's Stuff 
Source : Six Sister's Stuff

4 thinly sliced pork chops (maybe 1/2 lb?)
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese from the can
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt

Spray crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place your pork chops in the crock-pot. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and let it slow cook for at least 5 hours. We cooked ours for about 6 hours and it was fine.


You can get the original recipe here.




I always like spraying my measuring up with non-stick spray before pouring sticky honey into it. The spray makes the honey effortless pour out of the measuring cup! 

Sauce ingredients pre-mixing. 

Sauce ingredients post mixing. 

Sauce poured over pork and ready to cook all afternoon. :) 

What's that? Yummy pork! 

1 comments:

Da Masta Cheef said...

Spraying PAM into the measuring cup before putting honey into it is an idea that never would have occurred to me, thanks!

Post a Comment